Friday 24 August 2012

Floral Friday: Kat Truong

This weeks Floral Friday is the wonderfully talented Kat Truong. Her floral prints are fantastic: beautifully intricate illustrations with gorgeous colour ways. These are prints I could only dream of designing myself!

Here, Kat talks to me about her brilliant graduate collection:

"I have recently graduated from Leeds College of Art, where I studied Printed Textiles. My graduate collection takes a particular interest in contemporary floral print. Inspired by the forgotten 'Victorian Language of Flowers'; the designs are an exploration of prolific flowers using traditional hand drawing techniques combined with digital applications of colour. I have always loved drawing, and I find the addition of digitally painting my designs really brings my work to life."

Visit Kat's website here and follow her on twitter here.




2 comments:

Taide said...

Wow, beautiful prints!

Unknown said...

I'm sure Kat would love to hear that, Taide x