Tuesday 7 August 2012

Brocade: Autumn/Winter 2012-13 Trend

Vintage is back, and with it follows beautiful and intricate Brocade. 

Embroidery and brocade have never been my thing, especially since being given a 'Velvet Brocade' project title in my first year of University and failing miserably, but since I've been looking at some of the most recent examples of brocade and embroidery on the Autumn/Winter 2012/13 catwalk shows, my mind seems to have been changed.

Teamed up with lace, the brocade and embroidery oozes sophistication and romance, and can sometimes look very regal.

I've chosen five of my favourite catwalks that have featured brocade.


 Antonio Marras Autumn/Winter 2012/13 RTW





Dolce & Gabbana Autumn/Winter 2012/13 RTW







Valentino Autumn/Winter 2012/13 RTW






Osman Autumn/Winter 2012 RTW







L'Wren Scott Autumn/Winter 2012/13 RTW



No comments: