Saturday 15 September 2012

Now I Know My ABC...

Sounds like a silly thing to say, but letters are huge at the moment! With designers such as Mary Katrantzou, Versace and Stella McCartney all using letters in their collections, learning you ABC's has never been cooler.

In Vogue's September Issue, a small feature named 'Spotlight On Alphabet Street' really caught my eye, showing me many different companies that have recently used letters in their products: A wall hanging by Paul Smith for The Rug Company, a cute notebook set by Cavallini & Co for Libertys, an Alpha Chest by Graham and Green and a lampshade by Judy Holme.


Not long before I bought this issue of Vogue, I actually bought myself a rubber stamp set off Ebay, so I was pleased to see an article like this! I've not really done much with my set yet, other than play around a little and use it for little 'Thank you' notes to friends and family.


It's great to see that such a trend has become powerful in both the Fashion and Interiors world.



Graham & Green Alpha Chest

Judy Holme Lampshade

Paul Smith Wall Hanging for The Rug Company

Cavallini & Co Notebook Set




Follow me on Instagram on @kates_l

No comments: