Sunday 13 February 2011

Fashion Illustrations

My friend Laura Webb, a Knitted Textiles Student at the same university as me, was showing me some of her most recent work from her current project this evening and caught my interest with some of her fashion illustrations.
I love them! I think they look really beautiful and I also really love the designs themselves. (Images below).
She has been focusing on panels and expansion, which immediately made me think of Hussein Chalayans robotic dresses; one in particular that looks very space age and has lengths of panels as the skirt, which then blows outwards to expand thedress. It then lowers the panels and drops out small, decorative rectangles onto them. (Image below fashion illustrations).


To see more of Laura's work, visit her e-portfolio at: http://bucks.digication.com/laurawebb/Welcome/published

No comments: