Monday 20 December 2010

Christian Dior Haute-Couture A/W 2010

I think this Haute-Couture collection by Dior is amazing! With a theme based around florals, the outfits were all outstanding - especially the huge fairy-tale-esque dresses at the end.

The colours used were brilliant; a really beautiful range of bright, vibrant hues were contrasted with deep and powerful darks.

The fabrics used really made the clothes look like flowers as chiffons, tulles and silks were used to create petal-like skirts and trimmings. As the models walked down the catwalk the skirts flowed behind them and the fabric moved around so elegantly - it really looked like petals in a breeze!



This dress is my favourite piece of the whole collection.
I think it is so beautiful! The black fabric looks amazing with the contrast of the vibrant floral print underneath - I think the colours look amazing.
I love how the printed fabric underneath really looks like huge petals, and I also love how assymetric the dress is.




To watch the catwalk video visit the Dior website:
http://www.diorcouture.com/uk/dior_uk.html?event=4.253

Here are a few more of my favourite pieces:

All images taken from Christian Dior website.



No comments: